Support with Overcoming Depression in Nottingham and Derbyshire
The impact of Depression
- Depression can have an impact on every aspect of a person's life. It is not only an issue with one's mental health, but it also has physical and emotional consequences for the body. Understanding the physiological, mental, and emotional effects of depression can assist in coping and obtaining the necessary support.
- It may cause a variety of symptoms, including fatigue, headaches, and digestive issues. It can also weaken the immune system, making the body's ability to fight infections and illnesses more difficult.
- Depression can impair a person's cognitive abilities, making it difficult to concentrate, remember, and make decisions. It can also have an effect on sleep patterns, causing insomnia or oversleeping.
- It can also lead to feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, and guilt. It can cause a loss of interest in hobbies and activities, as well as strain in relationships with loved ones.
- Overall, depression can be a deeply personal and isolating experience at its core, and seeking guidance and support can make a big difference in how you manage and overcome depression.
We might all have low moods from time to time. However, if this continues, we may opt for additional support.
Working with clients to help them overcome depression, I frequently discover that they have been experiencing other issues such as stress and anxiety, and/or a lack of energy, or issues with their sleep - some people have difficulty getting enough sleep, and others may find they are still tired even though they are getting enough sleep or sleeping more than usual.
Some people may have developed depression as a result of acute and/or continuous stress, describing their 'brain being overloaded,' possibly leading to a lack of energy. Overthinking - particularly repetitive or 'black and white' thinking, can produce overstimulation and contribute to a lack of energy or tiredness.
The good news about Hypnotherapy is that when you relax through Hypnosis, your system can deeply rest, producing an overall sense of tranquilly and well-being and allowing you to rejuvenate and recharge.
Others may have had a low mood as a result of a loss or a big change in their lives, such as a romantic break-up. I use a variety of approaches to help people cope with grief and loss.
Because everyone's experience is unique, it's critical that the method is right for you. This is why, when I work with someone who is depressed or has a low mood, I offer a tailored approach to you as an individual, rather than a 'one size fits all' approach. If I am assisting you in overcoming depression, I work with you as a whole person - not just a 'symptom' - to achieve a well-rounded approach so that we can explore for solutions to all parts of your experience with low mood or depression together.
Supporting you in Overcoming Depression
We can achieve greater peace, confidence, and fulfilment in our lives by connecting directly with the subconscious utilising hypnosis.
Over the last 20 years, I have worked with many different kinds of experiences of Depression in Nottingham, Derbyshire and, with clients visiting from all over the UK and overseas.
I provide in-person appointments as well as online appointments.
Peace of Mind
Any proposed session work undertaking is explained clearly, giving you opportunity you to relax, and feel more comfortable with the approach offered.
Many people suffering from depression will initially schedule a free consultation. This is a free 30-minute consultation in which you can discuss more and in private, with no commitment to arrange additional sessions.
Your consultation provides opportunity for us to discuss your individual needs for dealing with low mood, how hypnotherapy can assist, what can happen in a session, and for me to address any questions you may have.
Sessions are not offered to replace talking therapies/psychological therapies or medication offered/provided by any medical practitioner/s. Please be aware that I do not diagnose, nor am I medically qualified. Therefore, I advise all potential clients to speak with their GP (and/or mental health professional (if applicable) to discuss attending hypnotherapy sessions.
Sessions are available at my practice within a short drive from both Nottingham and Derby, with parking available just across from the practice.
Call me directly and schedule your Complementary Consultation on 07739 466318